Reports directly to the Property Manager
Main job tasks and responsibilities
- Assist Property Manager with hiring and retaining exceptional service personnel.
- Supervise service team members and conduct meetings regarding the priorities and assigned duties of each workday.
- Provide constructive feedback to team members by coaching them to better performance and counseling when work is not at expected and acceptable levels.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and ensure Property Manager is immediately informed of any personnel performance issues.
- Assist with scheduling of Maintenance Technicians, Housekeepers, and Groundskeepers/Porters.
- Ensure that all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly, on time and within budget.
- Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance and repair on a daily basis (these include):
- Electrical and plumbing (including sewer lines).
- A/C and heating systems (proper certification may be required for some repairs).
- Appliances (when applicable).
- Water irrigation systems.
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings.
- Tile, carpet, flooring.
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners.
- Interior/exterior lights.
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans.
- Gas fixtures and appliances (when applicable).
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors, boiler, gas, and electric.
- Door locks, mailboxes and locks.
- Security systems and fire protection equipment.
- Ceiling leaks.
- Pool area, tile, Jacuzzi, pool furniture.
- Inspect vacated apartments, assess move-out charges and complete make-ready checklist. Perform duties to restore apartments to “market ready” status. Re-inspect vacant apartments after make-ready operations have been completed.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service requests received, apartment make-ready status and work in progress.
- Constantly be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions like, broken gates leading to pools, open holes and broken exterior lights.
- Report all major repairs and requisitions to the Property Manager prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Assist Property Manager in the preparation of the annual property budget.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials.
- Identify all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer clean-outs.
- Schedule and perform routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis.
- Maintain all tools in excellent condition.
- Assist in planning and leading safety meetings.
- Must be technically proficient with a hands-on attitude and also possess solid leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to organize, motivate and lead others.
- Provide own tools and be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance thereof.
- Use safety equipment (for example, goggles, masks, gloves) as tasks dictate.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- HVAC Certification required.
- Driving Requirements – occasional need to use personal transportation to pick up replacement parts and supplies.
This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities above are the only duties to be performed by the individual. The individual may be required to perform other duties required by his/her supervisor consistent with the position, department and company objectives.