Main job tasks and responsibilities
- Maintains positive customer relations attitude.
- Greets prospective clients, shows property and performs leasing duties.
- Answers and handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents, current residents, vendors and suppliers.
- Must be knowledgeable of all phases of leasing and resident retention.
- Directly responsible for maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly reports including accurate reporting of rents and deposits received.
- Maintains accurate resident records. Updates on daily basis all rents, deposits and application fees received from residents. Issue appropriate notices when necessary (for example, late payments, eviction notices, returned check memos).
- Updates required reports concerning move-out notices and other activity, on a daily basis and provides information to the property manager.
- Processes all security deposit move-out reports.
- Responsible for keeping daily records on lease renewals and terminations.
- Organizes and files all applicable reports, leases, and paperwork.
- Proof reads all lease paperwork and processes move-ins and move-outs.
- Works with lease renewals each month.
- Accepts service requests from residents and routes to maintenance for prompt processing. Conducts service follow-up with resident when work is completed.
- Assists the property manager in effectively managing the property.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by Property Manager or Regional Manager. Serves as a backup for all Property Manager duties.
- Physically inspects property when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff. Will also inspect move-outs and vacancies when requested.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to Property Manager for marketing property and improving resident satisfaction.
- Maintain high property standards.
- A thorough understanding of the competitive market.
- Strong communication skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Computer literacy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively convey ideas, images, and goals to a diverse group of individuals.
Must be able to work at a fast pace, perform duties under pressure, and meet deadlines in a timely manner, to communicate with residents, visitors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.